Monday, August 18, 2008

Lamp Down

This morning while doing laundry, I hear a crash in the living room and Ethan yells 'Mommy help me.' He's not crying so he must be okay. Once I'm in the living room, I can't find him. He's not in his usual hiding spots. Again, he's not crying so he's okay. I go all over the house (he's not yelling now) and can't find him anywhere so I think he's just playing hide and seek with me. I go back to my business and he yells at me again. This time I tell him to keep talking so I can locate him. He's behind our couch by the front window with the lamp knocked over and the bulb broken in tiny little pieces around him! I freak out and quickly (but careful not to disturb the broken glass) yank him up and check his extremities. No noticeable injuries or protruding glass. We're good! I then tell him (like I tell him every time he plays back there) not to play behind the couch b/c it's dangerous. He tells me he's sorry and I go clean up the glass. All's well that ends well right? Last week he broke a mirror...



Check out how sharp those broken ends are!

The broken mirror from last week.

0 comments: